Thursday 3 September 2009

I've got a brand new Combined 5-day Weather Forecast

Remember that bit I said before about the rain and the weather and globe-spanning networks and glorified windbreaks? (Don't worry, it wasn't that interesting anyway)
Well it happened again. Yesterday. And we were dry. Then we went all wet.

The Dorset Steam Fair is always an experience, and this year they had a big outdoor staging thing with lights and sound (fortunately). People could stand on it with their instruments and sing if they wanted, although only if they'd been good and had eaten all their greens.

We had a watch of Ant's acoustic set and then wandered around for a bit, encountering plenty of candy floss, fried food, working engines of the 20th Century, those organ things that you wind up and they make noise, broken engines of the 19th Century, and rigged sideshows along the way.

The sky teamed gallons of wet, fields of mud swallowed a formerly white pair of French-graffitied Converse shoes, and I nearly bought a giant banana with a face although they were a bit yellow for my liking. Plus there was something about their eyes (I've never found myself able to trust enlarged depictions of stuffed fruit, hopefully this will ease with time).



Here's a picture of what our evening set looked like from the rear view like on Sky Digital's multi-angle sport thing. We particularly enjoyed the bucket positioned just in front of the stage monitors catching drops of precipitate whose straying towards the equipment nearly damaged the equipment (many of which were in fact emanating from our soggy selves).
Ant then decided it was time to put me back in my cage:





I'm drumming there tomorrow night and sorting out some kind of all-day festival on Saturday. I'll have my coat though, the coat protects. And entertains.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment